What is SOP Documentation
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are step-by-step instructions that act as guidelines for to help your team replicate your work processes.
When SOPs are complete, clearly written, and well documented, the organisation is better able to help their team replicate their product or service in a consistent and predictable way.
SOPs may be documented as checklists, a combination of Word doc, flow charts and videos.
Consistent & reliable service delivery increase business productivity. Being able to consistently replicate these excellent results are usually the direct benefit of a well documented SOPs. Well designed SOPs tend to begin with a pre-existing SOP Template or may be drafted by SOP documentation consultants.
With the sophistication of technology available today, SOPs may also be drafted using a combination of SOP Templates and Guided Online assistance, providing operation managers the freedom to draft their own SOPs but with professional guidance.
Today, due to digitatization, SOPs are no longer delivered as huge Cumbersome documents but rather are offered online as bite sized workflows and checklists that make up a process in various parts of a business’s operations.
The Benefits of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Documentation
- Readiness for Growth – Having well documented SOPs make work processes readily portable and easily replicable as a business grows in outlets across increasing territories.
- Standard Operating Procedures Simplify HR Performance Management – Managers use the SOP framework to monitor and evaluate their employees using the same standards and benchmarks.
- Control the Quality and Consistency of Your Product – Maintaining a high standard of product and service quality is important to sustaining the performance of the company. A well documented SOP provides a blueprint for the organisation to deliver consistent product quality and customer experience.
- Protect Yourself from Knowledge and potential IP Loss – A comprehensive well Documented SOP ensures that the continuity of workflow and reduces the risk of losing intellectual property that exists within the company.
- Save on Training Costs – SOPs serve as the foundation for the training of simple and repetitive tasks to reduce training time and costs.