AndroidMTK is a fine alternative, it also offers a detailed list of Odin versions and download link. After downloading it on your PC, extract it to Desktop or another location you’d prefer. SamMobilemay be the best choice to download stock firmware of Samsung device. Or you can go to Samsung Updates, XDA Forum or Google to find the correspondent firmware of your device. Samsung rolled out its first One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy S23 these model number SM-S911W globally with software versions. Once drivers are installed or stock ROMs updated, it is highly recommended that you restart your computer. Again, hold Home and highlight & select Recovery in the Reboot menu.
When it comes to the software update front, the company is doing a pretty decent job as well, keeping its average consumers on new and recent security patches through regular updates. However, one thing that’s not always easy to come by on Samsung Galaxy devices is the stock firmware package that you can flash to either downgrade, upgrade, or restore your phone. SamFrew is another option for those who don’t want to use a Samsung firmware download tool. Just like others, it also offers slow Samsung firmware download for free. To get the firmware from 100 Mbps/100o Mbps mirrors, you are supposed to pay a one-time fee of $8.99/$22.99.
- Here you can find detailed information about firmware flashing with Flash tool.
- You need Computer, flash tool, flash file, USB drivers, and USB cable to flash with this method.
- As a result, users can get their hands on all the bleeding-edge functionalities introduced in the Chinese variant of MIUI before Xiaomi officially ports them to the global ROM.
- They also reduce bloatware that comes as a part of many manufacturer skins.
Bliss ROM is a new custom ROM in the Android ecosystem but it has huge potential. It not only develops ROMs for smartphones, but also for tablets and Windows devices like Surface Pro. And the overall experience is quite nice as it comes with a customized launcher and desktop mode. In my experience with this ROM, the battery life was just the same as the stock ROM, but I was able to customize a few things here and there. To put it into better words, think of LineageOS, but with added features and tweaks.
- Moreover, these improvements are then released as firmware updates.
- It may take a while for the initial boot process so don’t panic, your phone will boot into the setup process.
- The process of selecting firmware files is really easy and quick.
- By using flashing stock firmware you can fix these problems, also any case.
- User-Initiated Software Update
Want to remove a custom ROM and get your Android phone back to its original state? Custom ROMs are device-specific, so download a ROM that’s made specifically for your device. Also, there can be multiple variants of the same device based on carrier, region, etc. so keep this in mind too. Locate the appropriate custom ROM build for your exact device variant. If you’re not sure, ask about compatibility in the XDA Forums. Now you have everything ready to install a custom ROM, we can begin the process.
If you own a lesser-known device, a stock ROM may be harder to find. How to do this depends on what app you used when rooting. If you used SuperSU, for example, go to the Settings tab, select Full Unroot, then reboot your phone again. To go the whole way, you need to unroot your phone as well.